We are looking for a business analyst to join our team and analyse the rich ever growing data we are collecting within our company. The Data/Business Analyst will be working closely with the Founding team and Operations team to bring to light insights from the information that we collect on the loans we give. Other responsibilities will include building and monitoring the Key Performance Indicators within the business. As the company expands, it is important that the candidate (s) hired for this role are hungry and ambitious to grow into the role and make it their own.
- Experience analysing data: evidence that you can communicate the key messages from large data sets
- Experience cleaning data: ensuring the data collected is in a usable format and diagnose when it’s not: a good level of Quality Assurance.
- Excellent communication skills: you will work with Field Officers to collect the right data from our borrowers, through to explaining high level business metrics to Founding Team, partners and investors
- Minimum Education: undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or similar
- Ability to analyse a business: you can think critically about a business, understand its key drivers and be able to dynamically model different scenarios
- Team working skills: we collaborate and so you must be able to work with others
- Attention to detail: Meticulous, Fastidious, thorough
- Friendly: we’re a nice bunch and want to enjoy having a beer (or soft drink) with our colleagues after work!
Nice to haves
- Experience with analytics tool: we use Power BI, though others are good too
- Experience in the FinTech: or a proven interest in the space
- Min. 1 year using R/ SPSS: preferably within a business context
- Agile mindset: we have scrums, triage and stand ups so great if you understand the workflow
- Fluency in Swahili: <to talk directly with our customers>
- <Happy Hour/ Presentations>: you will be required to spend 20% of your time to present to the rest of your team on key insights and learnings from our data during stand up or SCRUM meetings
Please send your CVs and cover letter to hello[_at_]pezesha.com. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 12/HIRE ME AS YOUR DATA/BUSINESS ANALYST. The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.