We seek to recruit a Credit Risk Officer who shall have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessment and compliance and regulatory assessments.
- Evaluate portfolio performance and design, test, and launch mobile loan products that are optimised for market with good return prospects;
- Monthly updating and Improving the financial model of the business
- Analytics reporting function providing discipline and key metrics for managing credit risk management and collections KPIs;
- Manage a world class in-house credit evaluation function (application score and behaviour scoring) using alternative credit rating techniques and big data sources in real time;
- Manage credit administration and debt management function premised on the use of technology, messaging and personalisation;
- Manage and build relationships with credit related third parties, e.g. credit agencies, credit information sharing associations and government regulatory bodies etc;
- Work with the senior management team to launch Pezesha into other counties and African markets
- Managing security, data audit and fraud control as well as ensuring proper documentation
- Evaluate credit risks and provide recommendations for assignment of credit, collection strategy and regulations
This is an exceptional career defining role for an outstanding professional. We will only shortlist and interview candidates that we feel have relevant or transferable experience and the drive, commitment and absolute integrity to succeed in and contribute to the growth and development of an early stage African fin-tech company.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and qualities:
- Experience of managing all aspects of a successful mobile loan portfolio (cash or airtime) including credit underwriting and origination, post loan credit and debt management, collections, portfolio management, new product development;
- 2-5 years of experience in positions of increasing seniority in the credit function of a bank and/or financial institution and/or similar experience in a data analytics, data science environment; and
- Team building and leadership either within a start up organisation or an innovation or new business unit within a larger entity.
- Financial & Statistics background or in a related field
- Data analytics background will be an added advantage
The Credit Risk Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer as well as on a dotted line basis to Board of Directors, who have over 10 years of experience in investment management, tech, strategy, business development across Sub Saharan Africa.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary + discretionary performance based bonus. Market based stock based incentives appropriate for the role and vesting over a 3-4 year period.
Please send your CVs and cover letter to hello[_at_]pezesha.com. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 22/CREDIT RISK OFFICER). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified.