Pezesha is a Fintech institution that connects lenders with high quality underserved low-income borrowers. Pezesha exists to give choice, inclusion and affordable digital financial services to low-income borrowers in Africa to bring freedom, equality and hope to them and their communities to be part of the formal financial system. We are revolutionising the way micro businesses access affordable credit using data analytics.
Pezesha is led by a team of passionate individuals and advisors with diverse experience in Credit, Fintech, Telecommunications, Regulation and building successful tech startups in Kenya and across other emerging markets.
In keeping with our current business needs we are looking for young, passionate, energetic and aggressive senior developers who will be reporting directly to the Chief Technical Officer. The ideal candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision.
OUR PEZESHA CULTURE & STYLE
Before you go ahead to apply for this position, we would want to inform you that we first and foremost look out for employees who fit in our culture, values and ethics before we even look at their skills fit.
We believe a strong developer culture is vital to good work and productivity at our company. We believe, you can be the best developer out there but without a solid culture to back it up, its development in our company can fall apart.
- We work as a team and not a bunch of individuals: We do pair programming and also challenge each other by working together on all work related projects and help where necessary. It doesn’t matter who gets credit for what because we accomplish everything together. We’re knit together, not separated.
- Agile methodology: Our style is SCRUM approach and we have a culture of transparency. Transparency to us is all about making things/tasks obvious: the reasons we are doing the work, the way we are doing the work, the quality of the work and functionality of the work.
- Ownership: Ownership isn’t assigned or given. Ownership is taken. We encourage proliferation of ideas, an imaginative environment that does not stifle innovation. We believe good decisions can also come from developers so we let all our developers have a voice and a meaningful impact on the company and its direction.
- We collaborate beyond work: The team also tries to collaborate beyond just the work project environment with a couple of different activities: through Monthly Demo Days, Weekly Developer Talks and Creative Recess.
- We have a growth plan for you. We do not let you get bored working on the same thing or task for long periods. Soon as we understand your motivation then we leverage on that to personalize your growth plan within our company.
- We work hard and play hard: We often have Friday Happy hours and mentor days where we invite top notch tech mentors from other companies or from our partners like Google to come and offer office hours at our office.
- Transform technical designs and notes into code
- Collaborate with our existing team in implementing and managing our end to end credit & data platforms
- Be a second line of support for technical issues
- Project management
- Collaborate with data and operations teams in ensuring our customer needs are met
- Leader – Take ownership and responsibility of tasks
- Detailed – Think through the proposed design (solution) approach before coding
- Disciplined – Estimate and communicate the duration of time to complete tasks
- Agile – Move quickly and easily to resolve issues. Look at short-term approaches that satisfy immediate needs and plan for long term approaches that are more robust
- Humble – Willing to listen and learn
Required Skills and Experience
- At least one year of multi-dimentional programming be it in PHP using a Framework e.g. CodeIgniter or Laravel or Python
- At least one year experience in frontend programming with Bootstrap 3+
- At least one year experience in backend programming with Java (server side)
- At least two years experience with SQL
- At least one year experience in native apps programming i.e. Android, IO
- Experience with Git source control
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with third-party API integrations
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging tools
- At least one year experience in Dev Operations
How to Apply
Please send your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 15/SOFTWARE DEVELOPER. The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In your application kindly add/attach the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- At least one Object-Oriented project that you have worked on:
- Send a URL to the live website
- Send the source code as a zip file or as a repository URL
- Attach your up to date CV
- Interviews will be on a rolling basis until 28th Feb 2018.