Pezesha is a digital financial marketplace empowering the underserved communities, and facilitating safe and responsible financial inclusion. We connect low income Kenyans with access to affordable financial services from local lenders through our value chain that entails financial education and fair credit scoring while ensuring solid returns for lenders.
The Pezesha team (employees, board and advisors) combined have more than 20 years of passionate experience in FinTech, strategy across African markets, and unparalleled local market knowledge and linkages.
Our HQ is in Nairobi, Kenya.
The CFO will report to the company CEO and board and shall be responsible for-
Fund Raise & Investor Relations
- Develop a compelling value proposition and key messaging for future fund raise as well as existing investors
- Identify, reach-out and pitch to prospective investors and program manage the related processes of due-diligence, deal closure, etc.
- Build investor confidence in the company’s vision to deliver shareholder value through a comprehensive Investor Relations framework and strategy
- Provide market insights to the management team, including financial trends, investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the company
- Oversee communication & reporting of financial results to investors through comprehensive MIS.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Act as strategic business partner to senior leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Create and establish financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis.
- Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget by business
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners. Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and officials.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to have the following experience-
- Education: Must be from a Finance/Economics or Actuarial Science background with preferably an MBA degree
- MUST HAVE financial modelling experience, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A professional qualification e.g. CFA, CPA etc.
- MUST HAVE at least 5 years working experience
- Deep knowledge of Data Analysis & forecasting methods
- High level communication skills
- Management ability and experience
- Added advantage: Treasury
- Added advantage: Entrepreneurial background
- Added Advantage: Financial Advisory (Financial Institutions) at KPMG, PWC or EY
Compensation & Perks: Salary + discretionary performance based bonuses + stock options incentives appropriate for the role.
To Apply: Please send your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 24/CFO). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified.