Pezesha is a Fintech marketplace based in Nairobi, Kenya, that connects institutional lenders with high quality underserved MSMEs. Pezesha exists to give choice, inclusion and affordable digital financial services to low-income borrowers in Africa to bring freedom, equality and hope to them and their communities to be part of the formal financial system. We are revolutionising the way MSMEs access affordable credit using alternative data analytics.
Pezesha is led by a team of passionate individuals and advisors with diverse experience in Credit, Fintech, Telecommunications, Regulation and building successful tech startups in Kenya and across other emerging markets.
What we are looking for
Pezesha is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven Front-End Developer & Designer to join our passionate engineering team. As the Front-End Developer & Designer, you will be responsible for implementing & executing our UI/UX Road Map. As we embark on our journey to scale up our operations, user interactivity is one of our core pillars in this journey, which makes your role crucial for the success of our business.
- Collaborate with backend engineers to improve web and mobile apps usability.
- Build scalable, testable & highly responsive applications using Angular, Ionic, VueJS & NuxtJs technologies.
- Ensure brand consistency across all of Pezesha’s internal & external applications.
- Collaborate with DevOps engineers and other relevant teams to deploy & ensure high availability of Pezesha’s front-end applications.
- Create quality mockups & prototypes for internal & external applications.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and usability.
- Testing new features or products to ensure quality assurance that also leads to improved customer experience
- Strong Communication skills to translate technical requirements to a level non-techies can comprehend.
- At least 1 year hands on experience working with at least one of: NuxtJS, AngularJS, VueJS & Ionic technologies.
- Knowledge of modern design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, etc is a MUST
- Ability to identify gaps and areas that need improvement in the workflow of the business and make efforts towards filling those gaps.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Experience working with GIT is a MUST
Good To Have
- At least 1 year programming/coding skills in a preferred language
- Python skills or R or Excel for data analysis.
- Extensive experience in Test Driven Development (TDD), Agile front-end application development & QA methodologies.
- Experience writing Unit Tests, Integration Tests and/or End-To-End Tests
- Graphic design
How to Apply
If you are interested and your know you are up for the challenge, please send your CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF/FRONTEND 034). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NUMBER and job title will be automatically disqualified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Its a full time opportunity, but we are also open to a part time commitment as well.
Also please attach the following in your email where applicable:
- Link to your website or your Portfolio
- Link to your LinkedIn Profile
- Link to your Github Profile