Pezesha is a Fintech institution based in Nairobi, Kenya, that connects lenders with high quality underserved low-income borrowers. Pezesha exists to give choice, inclusion and affordable digital financial services to low-income borrowers in Africa to bring freedom, equality and hope to them and their communities to be part of the formal financial system. We are revolutionising the way MSMEs access affordable credit using alternative data analytics.
Pezesha is led by a team of passionate individuals and advisors with diverse experience in Credit, Fintech, Telecommunications, Regulation and building successful tech startups in Kenya and across other emerging markets.
What we are looking for
Pezesha is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven Technical Lead to join our passionate engineering team. As the Technical Lead, you will be responsible for leading all engineering operations by drafting, guiding, designing and executing our technical road map in partnership with stakeholders within and outside the company.
- Interviewing and on-boarding members onto the engineering team.
- Meet with stakeholders within and outside the organization to align, collect, clarify and confirm their needs/requirements.
- Create the technical roadmap for the engineering team based on business goals and objectives.
- Hold regular work review sessions with the engineering team to ensure best practises are being followed through-out the product development process.
- Lias with technical advisors and other external engineering contacts for advice and solutions.
- Be hands-on in the day-to-day execution of engineering tasks.
- Identify gaps and areas of optimisation from a product development and engineering perspective, and advise the organization accordingly.
- Setup efficient engineering processes and tools to ensure scale e.g. bug tracking, issue tracking, testing, documentation etc.
- At least 3 years of experience working as a software engineer on commercial products.
- An understanding, and at least 2 years of practical experience of the Software Development Lifecycle Cycle (SDLC).
- An understanding, and at least 1 year of practical experience in DevOps.
- An understanding, and at least 1 year of practical experience in Cloud Infrastructure.
- At least 1 year of experience working hand-in-hand with product stakeholders to ensure that a product meets their needs. Product stakeholders include: departments in the organization that directly use or provide support for the product or external partners that directly use the product.
- The ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively with the engineering as well as the product stakeholders.
- The ability to independently research and investigate product engineering problems.
- At least 2 years experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or Microservices
- At least 1 year experience with system monitoring, alerting and metric collection.
- Added advantage: Experience in data analytics or data engineering or data science and security.
How to Apply
If you are interested and your know you are up for the challenge, please send your CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF/TECHNICAL LEAD 001- TECH-TEAM). The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NUMBER and job title will be automatically disqualified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please also state your salary expectations if selected for this role.
Also please attach the following in your email where applicable:
- Link to your LinkedIn Profile
- Link to your Github Profile
Deadline for applications: January 31st 2020. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.